– Jeff Nweke, one of the housemates on the 2019 edition of BBNaija, has mourned Lt Henry Piyo, the copilot lost to a plane crash in Abuja
– The reality TV star described the deceased as his brother and friend whose death he is finding hard to receive
– Many tweeps also condoled him, saying it is a pity Nigeria lost some of its promising youths to the terrible event
BBNaija Pepper Dem star, Jeff Nweke, has taken to his Twitter page to mourn one of the victims, Henry Piyo, of the military plane crash that happened in Abuja on Sunday, February 22.
He called the deceased a friend and a brother, saying his heart bleeds so much at the horrible incident.
Nweke added that Piyo was one a co-pilot of the ill-fated aircraft. He shared a photo of him as tweeps send in their condolences.
The reality TV star posted:
“R.I.P to my brother and friend Flight Lieutenant Piyo Piyo who was the co-pilot on the military aircraft that crashed this morning in Abuja. My heart bleeds.”
At the time of writing this report, the tweets has close to 14,000 likes with over 4,000 retweets and hundreds of emotional comments.
Legit.ng compiled some of the reactions below:
“Rest in peace.”
“Is a pity, my heart really bleed for the victims. But Nigeria doesn’t deserve the sacrifices these victims have made.”
“May his gentle soul continue to rest in peace Ameen.”
“I don’t know you but all I have to say is that you are my hero May your soul rest in peace we are going to miss you goodbye friend.”
“Oh nooo. I am terribly sorry about this. Very, very sorry.”
“May his soul and all the faithful departed rest in peace. It’s really sad.”
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that hours after a military aircraft named King Air B350i crashed at the Abuja airport, the names of five of the seven people on board the ill-fated plane were identified.
1. Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain).
2. Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot).
3. Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System (ATOS) Specialist).
4. Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist).
5. Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist).
6. Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist). 7. Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).
Joseph Omotayo writes for the human interest desk at Legit.ng. He graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University with a degree in Literature in English. He loves basketball and books. He tweets @omotayome.