– Danny Ings has been linked with a move to Tottenham from Southampton
– Tottenham’s boss Jose Mourinho is a fan of the England international
– Ings has been impressive so far this season for Southampton
England international Danny Ings who currently plays for Premier League side Southampton has reportedly emerged as main target for Jose Mourinho who is the handler of Tottenham.
Presently, the 28-year-old forward has refused to sign a new deal at Southampton as he wants to leave the side to where he can play Champions League football.
According to the report on UK Sun, Danny Ings’ current contract at Premier League side Southampton will expire in the next 18 months and the club’s chiefs have been trying their best to make the player extend his stay.
The report added that Tottenham made inquiry about Danny Ings last year September, but Southampton refused to do any business with Spurs.
Mourinho who is in charge of Spurs is said to be a fan of the England international and he is ready to lure him to his squad.
When asked if he was confident Ings would sign a new deal, boss Ralph Hasenhuttl said after Wednesday night’s FA Cup win over Shrewsbury: “Yes.
“If he wants Champions League football, he must score ten-15 more goals for us and we can go there. It’s not impossible, I don’t think.”
Meanwhile, Liverpool are currently occupying fourth position on the Premier League table while Southampton occupy ninth position after 18 games.
Jurgen Klopp and his wards will be facing Burnley in their next Premier League game on Thursday night, January 21.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Jose Mourinho lashed out at Fulham boss Scott Parker after lamenting their lack of preparation for their Premier League meeting with Tottenham Hotspur.
Spurs were originally meant to face Aston Villa but the game was cancelled due to the deadly coronavirus that has continued to ravage the world.
And the Cottages have been asked to take on their EFL Cup finalists on Wednesday, January 13 but that decision didn’t go down well with the 40-year-old.
However, the Portuguese-born tactician believes the show must continue if they must align with the rest of Europe by the time the season wraps up.
Nigerian footballer in Vietnam shares his Covid 19 isolation story | Legit TV