Individuals who earned global praises for their achievements have made daring steps in their past to live their passion. For Adjoa Andoh, she switched to the acting scene from pursuing her studies in Law. It was perhaps the best decision, following as a result of her breath-taking performances in the industry.
Adjoa is a British actress whose growth to the global stage is credited to her craft’s versatility. She has engrossed herself in almost all the forms of entertainment and failed to impress in none.
The talented actress has made appearances with riveting performances in theatres, films, radio, and television. She is also a voice-over artist.
She has indeed left a mark in the creative industry. She is loved by many for her current role in the Netflix television series Bridgeton.
Her lead role as Lady Danbury has left everyone in awe of her acting skills.
- Full name: Adjoa Andoh
- Date of birth: January 14, 1963
- Place of birth: Bristol, England, UK
- Age: 58 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: British
- Siblings: Yeofi (brother)
- Height: 5 feet and 4 inches
- Weight: 58Kgs
- Marital status: Married
- Children: Jesse and Daisy (daughter) and Liam (son)
- Occupation: Actress, voice-over artist
- Net worth: $61 million
- Twitter: @andoh_adjoa
- Instagram: @adjoa.andoh
Adjoa Andoh biography
Here is everything you need to know about Adjoa Andoh, including details about her personal life and career.
On January 14, 1963, the British actress was born in Clifton, Briston, as Adjoa Aiboom Helen Andoh. She was raised in Wickwar, England, United Kingdom, and has one brother called Yeofi.
Adjoa Andoh parents are of different origins. Her father is a Ghanaian, while her mother, who was a teacher, is English. Her father was a journalist and musician. He also worked for British Aerospace.
As of 2021, Adjoa Andoh’s age is 58 years. She’s recently celebrated her birthday.
Adjoa Andoh attended Katharine Lady Berkeley’s School in Gloucestershire.
She successfully graduated and later enrolled at Bristol Polytechnic, where she pursued her studies in Law before switching to acting.
When she was 16 years old, Adjoa was inspired to pursue acting after visiting the theatres and watching the play Plenty. For the love of acting, she forgot her studies in Law after two years in the course.
She was compelled to pursue acting and quickly moved to Theatre center, Islington, where she kicked off her theatrical works. Although she had no training in acting, she was determined to mold a career in the craft.
Showing aptitude in her acting skills, the British actress soon graced more theatre stages in the United Kingdom. Her meteoric rise is credited to the substantial and spectacular works in the theatres.
After several appearances in theatres, she was ready for the film industry. Adjoa made her television debut with EastEnders in 1990. Her role in EastEnders as Karen was a major boost in her subsequent roles.
Adjoa also utilized her striking voice to reap from the offers of showbiz. She joined the BBC Radio company and starred featured in various radio programs, including The Archer, where she played Fiona Lloyd, Alistair’s sister.
Andoh’s voice was the acting gift that kept her moving. She further immersed herself in the waters of a voice-over artist.
She has voiced various audiobooks such as Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americana, including children’s books.
Andoh was also cast as a voice-over artist in video games. Her voice has been used in over ten video games.
Adjoa Andoh movies and TV shows
Here is a list of movies and TV shows where the famous actress has nailed it in every appearance she had made. It includes other radio programs and video games her voice has been featured in.
- 1991: London South West as Marion
- 1995: What My Mother Told Me as Jesse
- 2004: Every Time You Look at Me as Mrs. Berry
- 2007: The Shadow in the North as Jessie Saxon
- 2008: Adulthood as Mrs. Peel
- 2009: Invictus as Brenda Mazibuko
- 2016: Brotherhood as Mrs. Peel
- 2019: Fractured as Dr. Jacobs
- 1990 – 1991: EastEnders as Karen
- 1992 – 2004: The Bill as Mrs. Hughes/Diana Holt
- 1993 – 2003: Casualty as Maggi/Colette Kierney/Griffiths
- 1994: The Brittas Empire as Reporter
- 1995: The Tomorrow People as Amanda Jones
- 1996: Paul Merton in Galton and Simpson’s as Defense Counsel
- 1997: Peak Practice as Dr. Nixon
- 1998: Close Relations as April
- 1999: Jonathan Creek as Anthea Spacey
- 2006: Doctor Who as Sister Jatt
- 2007: Wire in the Blood as Celeste Davies
- 2009 – 2011: M.I. High as Head of MI9
- 2011: Scott & Bailey as Janice
- 2012: Julius Caesar as Portia
- 2014: Wizards vs. Aliens as Old Bethesta
- 2015: Broadchurch as Julie
- 2015 – 2020: Thunderbirds Are Go as Colonel Casey
- 2016: Line of Duty as Prosecutor
- 2018: Death in Paradise as Celeste Jones
- 2020: Silent Witness as DI Nina Rosen
- 2020: Bridgerton as Lady Danbury
- Dark Materials – The National Theatre
- Stuff Happens – The National Theatre
- The Revenger’s Tragedy – The National Theatre
- A Streetcar Named Desire – The National Theatre Studio
- Troilus and Cressida – Royal Shakespeare Company
- Julius Caesar – Royal Shakespeare Company
- Tamburlaine – Royal Shakespeare Company
- The Odyssey – Royal Shakespeare Company
- The Dispute – Lyric Hammersmith
- Pericles – Lyric Hammersmith
- Julius Caesar – The Bridge
- Purgatorio – Arcola
- Starstruck – Tricycle
- In The Red and Brown Water – Young Vic
- 1991: The Blade of the Poisoner as Dorina
- 2009: Planet B as Narrator of the series
- 2019: The Archers as Fiona Lloyd
Videos games (voice-over artist)
- 2001: Wave Rally
- 2004: Fable
- 2005: Kameo
- 2008: Age of Conan
- 2008: Fable II
- 2010: Dante’s Inferno
- 2010: Fable III
- 2012: The Secret World
- 2012: Fable: The Journey
- 2014: Dreamfall Chapters
- 2017: Horizon Zero Dawn
Adjoa Andoh family
Besides her engaging career, Adjoa Andoh is a proud mother and a loving wife. Adjoa Andoh husband is Howard Cunnel. The couple was married in early 2001.
Howard Cunnel is a teacher and author. His recent work is a novel, The Painters House, which premiered in January 2020. He has also previously worked as a research fellow at the university.
The two share a strong connection, which has manifested heavily in how they have been supporting one another in their respective careers.
Adjoa and her husband, Howard, were blessed with children. They have two daughters Daisy and Jesse, and a son, Liam.
The Adjoa Andoh family doesn’t live in the same country. One of Adjoa Andoh daughters lives in Chile and works as a teacher of English.
Adjoa Andoh son, Liam, came out as transgender. He revealed he was a boy trapped in a girl.
Adjoa Andoh net worth
Adjoa Andoh net worth has been on the rise thanks to her versatility. She has transverse across the main forms of entertainment and garnered a rather substantial amount in her worth.
She has reaped abundantly from her career endeavors. Her net worth is estimated to be $61 million.
We love Adjoa Andoh for her spectacular performances. Her charming personality has attracted a considerable following, and her inevitable growth is destined for greatness.
Golda Rosheuvel is a Guyanese-British actress and singer who has amassed fame and fortune for her mind-blowing talent in showbiz. The actress is well-known for her theatrical work.
As reported by Legit.ng, Golda Rosheuvel has featured in various movies and TV shows. She has recently taken the entertainment industry by storm through Queen Charlotte’s role in the Netflix Original television series Bridgerton.