– Trump blew hot after Twitter suspended his personal account on the social media platform on Friday, January 8
– The US president accused the employees of the website of conniving with Democrats and the Radical Left to silence him and the 75m people that voted for him
– Trump’s tweets were immediately taken down from the official government handle @POTUS which he used to threaten the website
President Donald Trump has claimed that there is a conspiracy to keep him and his supporters silent in the face of their unproven allegations of voter fraud in the 2020 US election.
Trump spoke in a series of tweets via the official government Twitter handle @POTUS shortly after his personal account @realDonaldTrump was permanently suspended on Friday, January 8.
Trump’s tweets were taken down from @POTUS by Twitter shortly after he shared them but Techcrunch presented screenshots of the outgoing American leader’s social media storm.
One of Trump’s now-deleted tweets on @POTUS read:
“As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me – and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me.”
He added in another tweet:
“We will not be SILENCED. Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH. They are about promoting a Radical Platform where some of the most vicious people are allowed to speak freely…”
CNBC also reported that Trump assured his supporters of floating a platform that would rival Twitter.
“Twitter may be a private company but without government’s gift of Section 230, they will not exist for long. I predicted this would happen.”
“We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building our own platform in the near future.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported earlier that in another bad news for President Trump, Twitter suspended him from using their platform forever.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Twitter said the move was an effort to stop him from inciting people to do illegal things again.
The social media website said the decision was made “after close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account”.
4 implications of Trump’s ban on Nigerians from the USA | Legit TV